The roof is one of the most important components of your home: without it, it wouldn’t be much of a home at all, would it? However, like most household fixtures, your roof requires regular repairs, maintenance, and replacement on occasion, to make certain your home remains in the best condition possible. But it isn’t always easy to tell whether or not it’s time to replace your roof, which is why Bergen, NJ’s leading home remodeling contractors have some tips for you.
Here are some of the most common signs it’s time for roof repair or replacement from the team at Magnolia Home Remodeling.
- Damaged Shingles: Shingle damage is one of the most common types of residential roofing problems. If you’re missing shingles, or you have cracked and damaged shingles, it’s likely time to call in the experts.
- Flashing Issues: Flashing is another important component of your roof: it’s what keeps water from entering your roof deck around where fixtures, like vents and chimneys, are installed. However, this metal flashing can become damaged over time, causing leaks and other structural issues
- Moss & Mildew Growth: A mossy roof might look like a nice, rustic touch to your home, especially if it’s out in the country. Unfortunately, moss and mildew signify there are serious moisture issues with your roof that need to be fixed immediately, otherwise, it could cause your roof to sag and even collapse.
Prolonging the Lifespan of Your Roof
Before we go, we wanted to share a few things with you that can help prolong the life of your roof and prevent further roof repairs, such as:
- Regularly cleaning your roof and rain gutters and inspecting them annually.
- Having a professional inspect your roof every year to look for structural damage and other issues.
- Checking your roof often and keeping an eye out for cracked or bent tiles, discoloration on your roof, or missing tiles.
- Inspecting the ceilings in your home and attic for signs of mildew, water stains, mold growth, and other signs of leaks or roof damage.
Contact Magnolia Home Remodeling for your Bergen, NJ contracting needs!
If you feel your roof is in need of repairs or inspection, the team from Magnolia Home Remodeling is available to take your call. Contact us online today for a FREE estimate or call (855) 624-6655.