The right roofing shingles can make or break a house. Even if you have the best roofing contractors in New Jersey, you still won’t get the results you desire if you choose a poor-quality product.
Fortunately, there are many great shingles from which you can choose. At Magnolia Home Remodeling, we work with several different brands, but our goal is always to provide our customers with beautiful, long-lasting results. For that reason, we only work with the highest quality products.
We especially love GAF Timberline shingles. GAF offers several different lines within their Timberline collection. Both the Timberline HD shingles and the HDZ shingles provide several benefits, so it can be hard to choose between the two. If you aren’t sure which option is best for your roofing, NJ homeowners should keep reading as we compare standard Timberline vs. HDZ.
When to Replace Your Shingles
Before we compare the two different shingles, we want to cover some of the signs that you need a new roof in the first place. It can be easy to ignore minor damage until it becomes a significant problem, but we recommend that you keep an eye out for the following indicators:
- You can see granules on the ground, or you may notice shingles are missing granules.
- Your roof’s shingles are starting to shrink and curl on the ends.
- There is widespread and abundant moss growth that has started to lift your shingles.
- The wind has blown several shingles off the roof.
- Your roof is between 15 and 20 years old.
You don’t have to wait until these problems arise, however. You can also upgrade your roof for improved efficiency or to change the look of your home’s exterior. We recommend that you pair roof installations with gutter installation projects because that combination is the most efficient. It also allows you to both complete the look and increases the value of your property.
Why Choose GAF Shingles?
Since some manufacturers focus on a specific type of roofing, your choices will be limited by your preferred roofing material. If you like the look and practicality of asphalt shingles, GAF should be your first choice. They have remained one of North America’s top asphalt manufacturers for both residential and commercial roof projects.
What makes GAF so popular?
Not only do they create beautiful shingles, but they also prioritize innovation. Even their most basic products go above and beyond with new products and installation technology. In fact, many homeowners love this brand because of their:
- Strikezone Nailing Area
- 30% Faster Nail Fastening
- Quality Roofing Materials
- Time-Release Algae Fighting Technology
- Non-Halogenated Polyiso Roof Insulation
The Difference Between HD and HDZ
After you’ve settled on using GAF products, you need to make several more decisions, including the line of shingles you wish to use. They have several different types of shingles and lines from which you can choose, but we want to focus on standard Timberline vs. HDZ.
GAF HD Shingles
While the GAF Timberline HD shingles are among the most popular products, they also happen to be among the simplest. As we mentioned, GAF loves their innovative technology, so the HD shingles are more basic compared to their other lines. However, they still have a lot to offer through their:
- More Affordable Prices: The Timberline HD shingles are the most affordable, so it’s no surprise that they remain one of the top picks for homeowners. However, you don’t have to worry about compromising on quality. GAF has mastered the balance between providing value and keeping costs low.
- Several Design Options: With all their different design options, it’s easy to achieve the look of a high-end roof without spending extra money. They even offer shingles that mimic the appearance of wood shakes, so you can easily get the roof of your dreams.
- Simple Functionality: While they don’t have the bells and whistles you might find on the other shingle lines, they serve their purpose and do it well. The Timberline HD line will provide you with a beautiful, long-lasting roof.
- Warranty Protection: To top it all off, GAF offers some of the best warranties in the business. Therefore, you can feel confident that the investment you made in your roof is protected.
The Timberline HDZ shingles are another one of GAF’s most popular products, and when you see the advantages, you’ll understand why. While they cost more than the standard HD line, they offer exceptional value through:
- More Durability: Compared to the HD line, the HDZ shingles offer much more durability. They were clearly built to last, so you can enjoy them for decades, especially when hiring GAF-certified installers.
- Algae Protection: If you live in an area that already makes your roof prone to algae and moss growth, you’ll love that these shingles have built-in protection. Your roof will be naturally immune to any algae growth with integrated copper nodules.
- Fire Resistance: For fire-resistant roofing, NJ homeowners turn to HDZ shingles. These have the highest fire rating, so you can enjoy peace of mind knowing your home is better protected.
- No Wind Warranty Limitation: Finally, this particular line has become known for its impressive wind resistance. In fact, GAF is so confident in their product that they back the shingles with a no-speed-limitation wind warranty.
Ask Magnolia Home Remodeling for More Info on Timberline HD and HDZ Shingles
Whether you need residential or commercial roofing services, you can count on Magnolia Home Remodeling to help you choose the best products for the job. Our family-owned and operated roofing company knows all of the benefits of the different Timberline products, so we are confident that we can answer any questions you might have about the HD or HDZ shingles.
You can get in touch with one of our helpful contractors by calling to schedule an in-home consultation. At this appointment, we can assess your roofing repair or replacement. We also have a convenient online contact form that you can submit to request more information on our products and roofing services.