You’ve heard a lot of good things about James Hardie siding, but is it really what it’s cracked up to be? Is James Hardie siding good?
Of course, it is up to your needs if James Hardie is the right siding option for you. If you are looking for a top-quality siding product that will outlast all other wood siding or vinyl siding, then you’ll find it in James Hardie siding. Reach out to us at Magnolia Home Remodeling Group to learn more about this quality product.
Is James Hardie Siding Good?
In this article, we will explore why Hardie plank siding is a cut above the rest. And we will also talk about why the right siding contractor makes all the difference in the performance of your siding material. James Hardie fiber cement siding is unmatched in quality and durability.
Take a look at the pros and cons of James Hardie siding.
Pros of James Hardie Siding
There are reasons why every homeowner who has chosen James Hardie siding knows the answer to the question, is James Hardie siding good? They all agree, YES!
- Not Flammable: James Hardie siding is made from fiber-cement materials, which are fire-resistant. Cement does not fuel a fire. Wood siding is problematic in that it makes a fire in your home go faster. James Hardie siding has the opposite effect and does not contribute to spreading the fire.
- Pest Resistant: Pests like woodpeckers, termites, and carpenter ants have no interest in James Hardie siding. You do not have to worry about replacing panels of siding or matching patchwork into the exterior of your home when you repair a pest problem. James Hardie siding keeps pests away from destroying your home.
- Thrives in All Weather Conditions: High winds, heavy rain, ice, hail, and more are no match for James Hardie siding. The product can outlast extreme weather and continue protecting your home while looking like it is brand new.
- Incredible Warranty: Is James Hardie siding good? The company stands behind its product by offering the best warranty in the industry. With proper installation, the cement board siding comes with a 30-year limited warranty. It is vital to choose a contractor who knows the ins and outs of the warranty contract. Your contract depends on it. The ColorPlus technology on the manufactured colors is guaranteed for up to 50 years. Can you imagine never having to paint your house? A quick spray down is all the maintenance it takes. For painted Hardie board, you can expect to repaint every 15 years or so.
- Customization Varieties: This form of siding comes in several types of styles and colors. You can personalize your home’s exterior by choosing vertical siding or lap siding. The colors and quality will increase your home’s curb appeal and stand out in the neighborhood.
Is James Hardie siding good? The answer is a resounding yes. When you choose James Hardie siding, you cannot go wrong with quality or esthetics. In addition, if you ever have to move after investing in premium siding for your home, just mention James Hardie siding in your listing, and you will gain back 80% of your investment. That is how much clout the name offers.
Cons of Hardie Board
With every good thing comes some negatives. Unfortunately, not every aspect of James Hardie siding is fuss-free.
- Initial Investment: Because James Hardie siding is such a high-quality material, the initial cost can be shocking. You are paying for heavy, quality-controlled products that are sure to impress and last decades on your home. This cost can be hefty in the beginning but will win out over time when you pay zero in maintenance costs. Then, you just get to sit back and enjoy a beautiful home.
- Time for Installation: It can take some time to install the siding on your home. It is heavy and takes special care to cut it and fit it perfectly. An expert team that is used to handling the fiber-cement product will move more smoothly and confidently, ensuring that you will not be inconvenienced too long.
- Warranty Dependent on Installation: The warranty can be null and void if the product is not installed correctly. You may be tempted to cut some costs by installing the product yourself, but it will not be worth it in the end. Professional installation is required for this premium product to guarantee the benefits that it offers.
Take these factors into account when deciding, is James Hardie siding good? After all of the pros and cons, you will see that the positives win out by a landslide. Even if the money is a lot in the beginning, just think of the instant ROI when you choose such a well-respected brand. Selecting a trusted contracting team will take care of the other cons.
Our team at Magnolia Home Remodeling Group is ready to install your James Hardie siding. We will handle the heavy materials with care, paying strict attention to the warranty and installation requirements. As a result, you will not have to worry about a declined warranty claim when we have installed the product on your home.
Is James Hardie siding good? Absolutely. When you invest in James Hardie siding, you will not regret it. Thousands of homeowners and contractors agree that the product is superior to all other siding options. It’s time to give your home a makeover and choose James Hardie siding for the ultimate level up.
Contact Magnolia Home Remodeling Group for a James Hardie Siding Contractor in New Jersey
At Magnolia Home Remodeling Group, we know just what it takes to install James Hardie siding the right way. Is James Hardie siding good? Only as good as the contractors who installed it. Your warranty is out the window if the premium product isn’t installed correctly. You can trust our team. We can show you our James Hardie before and after pictures and answer any questions regarding the product and installation. Contact us today to set up your initial consultation and get started.
Other Articles by
Magnolia Home Remodeling Group Introduces New Alside Vinyl Siding Options to their Installation Services
Seal NJ Homes Against Moisture for the Long-Term with James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding from Magnolia Home Remodeling