Choosing Between Andersen 200 Series and Andersen 400 Series
Andersen windows are known for quality and style. They have built a name for themselves in the window and door industry, proving to be a top brand. While all Andersen windows are high-quality and built to last, they offer different price points with varying levels of benefits that come with each series.
In this article, we will discuss Andersen 200 and 400 series and how to choose between the two styles.
What Are Andersen 200 Series Windows?
Andersen 200 series are the more affordable option of the two we will discuss today. They are double-hung windows with high-quality interior wood and a vinyl cladding exterior. Also, they come in 2 color options, white or sandstone on the exterior and unfinished pine or finished white on the inside.
In addition, Andersen 200 series comes in commonly used shapes and sizes, including picture windows. The double-hung windows are the style that opens up and down. Andersen 200 series also offers a gliding window that opens side to side. The picture windows are stationary windows that have narrow profiles to let in more light.
What Are Andersen 400 Series Windows?
Andersen 400 series is the best quality window that Anderson offers. They are provided in many styles and offer an extra level of customization with round windows, awning windows, or bay windows. Customization and color options (black, dark gray, deep green, and more) set Andersen 400 series apart from the rest of the windows offered.
When you choose Andersen 400 series, you are not only choosing beautiful, long-lasting windows for your home, but you are also selecting energy-saving windows. This series offers superior energy efficiency that is sure to lower your energy bill once your new windows are installed.
Andersen 400 series also comes with a limited warranty that can transfer to new homeowners if you were to sell your home while the warranty is still in place. So add value to your home and transfer the warranty when you go with Andersen 400 series for your window replacements.
What Are the Differences Between Andersen 200 and Andersen 400 Series Windows?
When we break down the differences between Andersen 200 and 400 series, we need to acknowledge that both are Andersen wood windows. This fact alone makes them a premium choice for replacement windows in your home.
What are the main differences between the 2 series? Let’s take a look:
- Affordability: Andersen 200 series is more affordable than the 400 series, and that does not come at the price of lower quality. You can still expect premium quality from the 200 series windows.
- Customization: Andersen 400 series offers so much more by way of customization. Don’t worry about making commonly-sized windows fit into your custom home. The possibilities are endless with 400 series. A big selling point is the color choices. You can turn your windows into the focal piece of every room when you choose a dramatic color that fits your style.
- Composite Window Sill: Andersen 400 series also offers a composite window sill that will not rot over time. If you leave your window open during a storm by accident, you will not have to worry about warped wood or water damage with 400 series windows.
- Perma Shield: The energy efficiency offered with the 200 series uses Perma Shield technology to keep the sun and heat out of your home during summer’s hottest months. You can expect to lower your energy bill with 200 series windows.
- Entire Sash Is Vinyl: Andersen 400 series has the whole sash wrapped in vinyl to protect from moisture damage or rotting. Of course, the inner window is wood, which is the highest quality product for windows. But the vinyl sash offers even more quality and protection.
- Energy Efficiency Options: Choosing the glass is part of the customization options with Andersen 400 series. You can choose energy-saving possibilities according to the climate around you. For example, if you experience high heat during the summer months or year-round, you can select SmartSun glass that maximizes the light while keeping the heat from the sun out. Sun glass is also offered, which is tinted to protect your home even further from the sun beating down inside your home. Low-E4 glass is for parts of the country that experience extreme heat and freezing temperatures. And finally, HeatLock coating can be applied to your windows to keep the heat inside and fight off the harsh cold from outside.
While Andersen 400 series windows are the premium choice, they may not fit into your budget. Know that 200 series can last just as long and still deliver energy efficiency and beauty to your home. Whether you choose Andersen 200 series or 400 series, you will experience the premium quality that Andersen has to offer.
200 v. 400: Which Are Better?
It’s hard to say whether one Andersen window series is better than the other. It will mostly come down to what you prioritize in your plan for new or replacement windows in your home. It is never a bad idea to invest in your home’s value by choosing quality windows that will last for decades to come.
If you can’t quite choose between Andersen 200 and 400 series windows, take a look at a few scenarios and see which one speaks to your situation.
Go with Andersen 400 series if:
- You have a design in mind and hold it a priority to choose show-stopping, dramatic dark windows to outline your home in clean lines and custom shapes.
- You are building a custom home with a reading nook, walk-in closets, and a theater room that require customization options for the round window above your window seat or the awning windows you imagine high in your closet.
- You have a gorgeous view out of your family room window, and the window itself has always gotten in the way. You are looking for a customized picture window to enhance the view so that you can enjoy evenings watching the sunset from the comfort of your home.
Andersen 200 series may be better for you if:
- You prioritize your budget and would like to replace old windows with high-quality products that will also have a return on investment in energy savings.
- You are remodeling an old home for a short-term rental opportunity and would like beautiful, modern windows that are easy to operate and will not take on too much damage with heavy use.
- You live in a mild climate and are happy with the energy efficiency options that series 200 offers.
As you can see, there is no wrong choice. Both series will bring you a return on investment and high-quality windows from a trusted company in the industry. So choose which series is best for you and enjoy your gorgeous new windows.
Let Magnolia Install your Andersen Windows
Windows are a significant investment for your home, and our team at Magnolia Home Remodeling Group wants to make sure you get the installation right. When you partner with our services to install your quality windows, you will know that the windows will last as long as the warranty claims and more. Of course, a warranty is only good if the installation is done right, so don’t cut corners when it comes to window installation.
Once you have your windows installed, enjoy the energy efficiency benefits. Let your home sparkle with glistening windows in each room, and take your curb appeal up a notch with new Andersen windows. You will increase your home’s value and save on the energy bill each month. Contact us today to set up your consultation.