James Hardie Siding: Pros and Cons
If you haven’t heard of James Hardie siding, you are in for a treat. This fiber cement siding is durable, colorful, and comes with an unmatched warranty when installed and maintained correctly. Over the years, Hardieplank lap siding has built a name for itself, providing beautiful curb appeal transformations.
Siding is a vital aspect of a home’s exterior. The first impressions of your home are reflected in the outside condition. If your siding is peeling, warped, or out of date, the rest of your home will appear drab no matter how hard you’ve worked on it. Finding trusted siding installers with top-quality products is vital in your siding replacement project.
As you learn more about where to buy James Hardie siding and all of its benefits, you will also want to look into finding the right contractor for your project. A trusted contractor will answer all of your questions. Ask about safety procedures and warranty qualifications when installing James Hardie siding. They should show their competency in your first meeting and be able to answer all questions confidently.
James Hardie Siding Benefits
The exterior house is vital to represent how you care for your home. It is frustrating and expensive to have to replace siding with all of the extreme weather conditions. When you get James Hardie siding installed, you have the peace of mind in knowing that it will outlast any natural elements that are thrown your way.
If you are looking where to buy James Hardie siding, consider the benefits first:
- Durable: Rain, shine, extreme heat, freezing temperatures, high winds, you name it – James Hardie siding can outlast all of it. The siding is specifically designed to not only endure but to stay beautiful and new-looking even in the harshest of weather conditions. In addition, the product resists moisture, preventing your home from developing rot or warping.
- Low-Maintenance: Once the Hardieboards are properly installed, you don’t have to worry about upkeep. The ColorPlus Technology keeps the colors vibrant through high heat and direct sunlight. You can use a hose to spray it down a couple of times per year to get off any dust. Other than that, sit back and enjoy your new siding.
- Fire Resistant: While wood siding can fuel a fire and keep it spreading, James Hardie siding is not flammable. It will not contribute to a fire. You buy time to put out the disaster when you have a siding that does not fuel the fire.
- Customizable: Hardie Board comes in many built-in colors that last up to 50 years and can also be painted any color of your choice, just like any other siding. You will find variety in choosing texture or smooth, vertical or horizontal, with differently spaced grooves.
- Guaranteed with Warranty: You can enjoy a 30-year warranty when you choose James Hardie siding. The warranty does not decrease the longer you have the siding. All 30 years, you will be able to take advantage of the full warranty. The painted siding also is guaranteed for 15 years with their ColorPlus Technology.
- Wow-Factor in Appearance: You can recognize when you come across a home with Hardie Board siding. There is a curb appeal unlike any other. The siding looks new even when it is more than 10 years old. As mentioned before, it is durable and long-lasting. But it looks good while protecting your house all of the years.
- Expert Installation: James Hardie-certified installers are highly trained to give you maximum results for your investment. Each installer knows that the premium boards must be installed with specific parameters to qualify for the warranty. Therefore, they will not take any shortcuts. In addition, they are specially trained in safety while handling the heavy product and wear a mask while cutting to avoid inhaling any particles.
- Green Siding Brand: James Hardie siding is considered a sustainable product because of how long it lasts. When you don’t have to replace siding on your home every 10 years, you are contributing to the environment. Learn where to buy James Hardie siding and invest in a product that won’t end up in the landfill in 10 years.
- Pest Resistant: Other siding materials can suffer from woodpeckers, carpenter ants, or termites. Homeowners have to replace siding from the damage that is caused by these pests. James Hardie siding is not desirable to pests, and the product resists damage if pests were to try.
Looking at all the benefits, you may wonder why every house isn’t covered in Hardieshingle siding. The outside of your home is a priority. And when you find a product that is long-lasting and low-maintenance, it’s time to know where to buy James Hardie siding and get started.
James Hardie Siding Costs
James Hardie siding is a premium product and can cost up to three times as much as vinyl siding. As a result, it does require a significant initial investment. However, you can cut the cost a little bit by painting the fiber cement products yourself. But you may miss out on the ColorPlus Technology that comes with a 15-year warranty if you buy the siding materials painted.
- Professional installers required
- Shipping costs
- High demand
- Weight and sturdiness of the siding
- Built-in color options with no painting required
Deciding on siding for your home is a big decision to make and can be a hefty investment. Any homeowner knows how quickly the home’s exterior declines when the siding is faltering. Once you find out where to buy James Hardie siding and all its benefits, it’s worth the cost.
Where Can You Buy James Hardie Siding?
James Hardie siding is contracted with preferred contractors around the country who are trained to do the installation perfectly. The product is heavy and unique to handle, and when each contractor is trained in the process, the job can get done without a hitch.
Finding the right installer is vital to reaping the benefits of James Hardie siding. The cement boards are heavy and take some learning to cut and piece them together. In addition, the warranty states that this type of siding must be kept a certain distance from the roof and can’t go all the way to the ground. Expert contractors that specialize in James Hardie installations will be well-versed in the warranty and install the product correctly, so the contract stays valid.
For siding replacement, choose Hardie Board siding. You won’t have to worry about pests, peeling paint, rotting wood, or any other concerns once you know where to buy James Hardie siding and choose the right installers.
James Hardie Siding Cons
As you are looking to replace your house siding, you want to do your due diligence with your research. James Hardie has a solid reputation in the industry. It is a trusted brand of all homeowners and contractors. But it does come with some cons:
- Significant Investment: As mentioned before, James Hardie siding products can be 3 times more expensive than other siding options. The initial price tag might be a hard pill to swallow. But consider how little you’ll need to worry about the exterior of your home for the next 30 years. Also, James Hardie siding can be listed in your home’s real estate listing as a huge draw for resale.
- Extensive Installation Process: The Hardieboards are made of fiber cement, so they are reasonably heavy. The installers take special care for their safety and to ensure proper installation. Because of this, the installation process takes longer than a regular siding replacement.
- Repaint After 15 Years or More: The ColorPlus Technology is guaranteed up to 15 years. Many homeowners find that the paint job lasts even longer. But there may come the point after 15 years that you will need to repaint the fiber cement siding.
When you see the benefits that can come from your initial investment, including a 30-year warranty on the product, you will see that it is worth finding out where to buy James Hardie siding. Let the experts work with the installation and check all the boxes to ensure your product performs for years to come.
James Hardie Siding Installer in New Jersey
Now that you know more about James Hardie siding, its pros and cons, and how it can benefit your home, you are ready to make a big decision. The fiber cement product is tested and approved by thousands of homeowners throughout America. Trusted contractors offer James Hardie siding, knowing it is top of the line in premium brands.
If you are wondering where to buy James Hardie siding, you’ve found the place. Contact us at Magnolia Home Remodeling Group to learn more about our James Hardie siding options. Our trusted contractors have years of history installing James Hardie and can provide you with customer reviews and photos to browse to discover if it is the right choice for you.