If you are asking the question of where to buy Owens Corning shingles, then it means that you likely need more information than how to buy the materials. Most homeowners start on the journey for roofing installation or replacement without knowing much about the industry. If you want the best results, then it can be helpful to learn about products, materials, and installation services. Then, you will be empowered to make the right decision that supports the overall results of your project.
Hiring a professional roofing contractor is a vital step to ensure your roof is built to last. While there are options to buy roofing materials and install them through a DIY project, you will likely overlook important details that affect the durability of your new roof. Hiring a trusted contractor is a sure investment to give you the results that will protect your home for many years.
Owens Corning roofing shingles are a solid choice when you are focusing on quality. Here are a few things you need to know before finalizing your decision about installing Owens Corning on your home.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a company that first made its name for the PINK fiberglass insulation that has been used on so many construction projects over the years. But did you know that Owens Corning is also an excellent resource for quality roofing shingles?
The glass fiber used in the original insulation products has been repurposed to create quality roof shingle lines. This unique design and technology deliver extraordinary results because of the top-notch protection the materials offer from the ever-changing weather conditions.
6 Reasons Why Homeowners Choose Owens Corning
Why should you consider Owens Corning if you are preparing for a roofing installation? Here are a few reasons why so many homeowners want to know where to buy Owens Corning shingles:
- Durability: Quality matters when you are working on exterior renovation projects. No matter what mother nature has in store, you can have confidence knowing that Owens Corning delivers top-notch materials that hold up throughout the year. The asphalt shingles offer excellent protection against the sun’s rays, moisture, and fire. Plus, these shingles are rated to withstand wind as high as 110 miles per hour.
- Warranty Coverage: It’s unlikely that anything will go wrong with your new roofing shingles. These materials have an excellent reputation for a reason – because homeowners are usually satisfied with the results. But if something goes wrong, rest assured that there is warranty coverage to protect your home. This limited warranty lasts between 20 to 50 years, depending on the type of shingles that you choose.
- Shingle Options: Consider your overall goals for the project when choosing the right materials for your home. Owens Corning offers a range of products that you can access through roofing contractors. Instead of shipping at local stores, talk to an industry professional to learn more about the unique colors, styles, and features. You’ll love the aesthetic and functional benefits you can receive from these materials.
- Cost Considerations: Don’t be surprised that a roofing installation can cost a hefty sum. But remember that it’s an investment for your home. The good news is that these quality shingles are priced competitively. In addition, the initial costs are worth the expense because of the long-term durability and protection you will receive.
- Energy Efficiency: One benefit to installing a high-quality roof is that you can improve your home’s energy efficiency. If you are worried about how much you are spending on monthly energy costs, you need to look at home upgrades to improve energy efficiencies, such as windows and roofing. Our team offers a variety of energy efficiency solutions, including insulating shingles.
- Luxury Appearance: You don’t need to overspend on the materials to get a luxury appearance for your home. With all of the colors and designs, you can choose from a modern style, traditional look, and more. These shingles create the same appearance at a fraction of the price you would pay for more expensive materials like slate or wood shake.
Types Owens Corning Shingles
What are the right types of Owens Corning shingles to choose for your home? Whether you need starter shingles or a high-grade material, our team at Magnolia Home Remodeling Group is here to help.
As you are learning where to buy Owens Corning shingles and the types of materials they offer, you’ll find that the Owens Corning products fall into two categories:
- Owens Corning Laminate Shingles: This shingle design has two asphalt shingles bonded together. The double layer makes them more durable and heavier compared to single shingles. They are an excellent option for a full range of roofing designs and include a lifetime limited warranty, wind resistance of 130 MPH, and up to 15 years of algae resistance.
- Owens Corning 3-Tab Roofing Shingles: These products have a fiberglass core combined with layers of asphalt. Each shingle is topped with mineral surface granules and a quality shingle sealant. This signature shingle offers a 25-year limited warranty, up to 10 years of algae resistance, and can withstand winds up to 60 MPH.
The good news is that a professional roofing contractor knows the best methods for installation, such as staying in the nailing zone and using Surenail technology to ensure the quality of the installation.
How Much Should You Pay for Roofing Installation?
Every roof is unique, which is why homeowners need to schedule a consultation to learn more about the cost of roof replacement or installation. The price varies depending on the size and shape of your roof, the materials you choose, and any unique installation requirements for the project. For example, basic shingles can start as low as $1 per square foot, but the costs go up to $6 per square foot if you want the highest quality materials.
When you talk to a roofing contractor about the project estimates, clarify the specific services included in the price. For example, a standard proposal will consist of extra services such as removing and disposing of your existing shingles for a roofing replacement project.
You can learn more about where to buy Owens Corning shingles by talking to us at Magnolia Home Remodeling Group. Reach out to us to schedule a consultation and discuss the best solutions for your home.
Other Articles by
3 Things Roofing Contractors Wish Homeowners Knew
IKO vs. GAF Shingles
Magnolia Home Remodeling Provides Five Tips for Environmentally Friendly Roofs In NJ
Searching for a Roofing Contractor in NJ (New Jersey)? Magnolia Home Remodeling Group Introduces Homeowners to IKO Roofing Products