It’s time to upgrade the shingles on your home. But, how do you choose the right materials and features for this big home improvement project? Whether you are working on renovations or preparing for new home construction, the quality of your roof matters. We are here to help you find the best materials and answer your question: where to buy IKO shingles?
Quality of Roofing Materials
The roof acts as the first line of defense for your home and is a critical weather protection feature. When the rain or snow is coming down, you need to be sure that the water will stay out of your living space. Additionally, your shingles need to hold up again high winds and the beating sun. No matter the weather conditions outside, good-quality shingles will offer the protection that your family needs.
As you are looking for roofing contractors, it is essential to learn where to buy IKO shingles and what types of performance shingles will be best for your property. The more you know about roofing materials, the better prepared you will be to make the right decision for your renovation project.
IKO shingles are sold to roofing contractors directly. So, if you want to install these quality materials on your property, you will need to work through a reputable provider. Over the years, IKO has been working hard to develop top-notch materials, which is why they are quickly becoming one of the most popular manufacturers in the roofing industry in North America.
Pros of IKO shingles
Here are a few of the benefits you can expect if you decide to invest in IKO shingles for your home:
- Integrated Installation: When you are asking where to buy IKO shingles, the truth is that you will be getting much more than basic shingle installation. The roof isn’t only covered with shingles. Other accessories and materials work together to offer a quality waterproof shield. This multi-layer approach keeps the most vulnerable parts of the roof protected.
- IKO ROOFPRO Program: There is a special program that ensures that roofing contractors meet specific requirements to ensure the quality of the installation. When you hire a contractor who has been through this training and certification, you can have confidence that the work will be of high quality. The goal is to give customers peace of mind when they are investing in IKO shingles.
- High Ratings: Home inspectors and industry experts have determined that IKO shingles are highly rated. The shingles can withstand wind, impact, fire, and algae resistance. No matter the weather conditions outside, the shingles are built to last through it all.
- Reputable Manufacturer: IKO Industries maintains a high rating with the Better Business Bureau. This rating shows that the manufacturer is proactive about maintaining a solid reputation. The good reviews are an excellent indication of the quality you can expect from these materials.
- Unique Colors and Styles: There isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution for every roofing installation, which is why it is important for homeowners to have the flexibility to custom design their shingles. When you are learning where to buy IKO shingles, also ask for information about the different color options and styles of shingles that you can choose for your home. For example, you can choose between the premium series and performance series, as well as other unique features. This installation offers both the functional and aesthetic benefits you need for your home.
- Solid Warranty: With quality materials and good installation techniques from a roofing company you trust, nothing should go wrong with your new roof. But it still feels good to know that a solid warranty backs the materials and installation. If something goes wrong, then the company will make it right to ensure you receive the long-term results you paid for.
Cons of IKO Shingles
If you are asking where to buy IKO shingles, then it’s likely that you’ve heard great things about these products. However, while there are many pros listed above, it’s also essential to learn about the potential cons of IKO Cambridge shingles and the associated roof products.
Here are a few potential disadvantages you might consider before signing the work contract:
- Brand Rating: While IKO has a decent reputation, the ratings are a bit lower than a few other industry brands. Problems in the past led to legal notices and lawsuits, making some homeowners hesitant about installing these shingles. Rest assured knowing that IKO Industries has improved their product, and they now have a stronger reputation in recent years. One of the previous concerns was that the shingles weren’t sealing properly. The company has upgraded its materials and uses a quality shingle sealant to avoid these issues.
- Installation: Similar to other types of roofing shingles, you must have the right weather conditions to ensure the quality of the installation. All kinds of shingles, including asphalt shingles and architectural shingles, need sunny skies and a mild temperature to ensure proper sealing of the roof. The self-sealing strips need to seal, which means that they can’t be too hot or too cold during the installation. Your roofing contractor might need to adjust the installation schedule if the weather forecast changes.
- Cost of IKO Shingles: Depending on your budget for the installation, IKO shingles might not be the best fit for your desired spending plan. Do your research to compare different price points and evaluate the amount of money available for the project. Roof replacement and new installation can cost a lot of money, but it is worth the investment in good materials because of the long-term weather protection for your home.
Where to Buy IKO Shingles? Call Magnolia Home Remodeling Group
When you wonder where to buy IKO shingles, then Magnolia Home Remodeling Group is the team to call. We offer the personalized services you need to ensure a quality, stylish installation for your home.
We invite you to schedule a consultation so you can learn more about available services. We’re happy to answer your questions and help you decide if IKO shingles are the right product for your installation. Contact us today!
Other Articles by
Searching for a Roofing Contractor in NJ (New Jersey)? Magnolia Home Remodeling Group Introduces Homeowners to IKO Roofing Products